Imaging (outpatient): 7am-5pm Monday-Friday
MRI: 7am-7pm Thursdays
PET Scans: every other Wednesday
Call for more information or to schedule your appointment.
- Mammography – Scientists and doctors agree that early detection is the best defense against breast cancer. If we find breast cancer early, before it has spread to the lymph nodes. The five-year survival rate is almost 100%. The biggest misconception is that breast cancer only runs in the family. When in fact 1 out of every 8 people with no family history will be diagnosed with breast cancer. Until now the best way to diagnose breast cancer has been with mammography 2d imaging. Here at Sierra Vista Hospital, we offer state of the art 3d mammography also known as tomosynthesis. With the newest medical technology, we offer better results in helping with the fight against breast cancer. Yearly mammograms are recommended by the American College of Radiology. Get with your provider for a clinical breast exam or call our scheduling department for a self-referral. Radiology Scheduling- (575)743-1260
- Bone Density Scans – Dexa scanning is an imaging test that measures bone density. Help your provider rule out or diagnose osteoporosis. According to the national osteoporosis foundation. 1 in 5 men over the age of 55 and 1 in 3 women over the age of 50 will experience a fracture due to osteoporosis. Typically done every two years women can correlate this exam with their yearly mammogram. Talk to your provider to see if you’re a good candidate to get measured and prevent osteoporosis.
- Nuclear Medicine – Nuclear medicine is a branch of medical imaging that uses small amounts of radioactive material called radiotracers or radiopharmaceuticals to diagnose and determine the severity of or treat a variety of diseases, such as cancer heart disease, gastrointestinal and other abnormalities within the body. Nuclear medicine procedures can pinpoint the molecular activity within the body. You may have concerns about an exam that involves the word “nuclear” but please be assured that is safe and uses only the necessary amount of radiation to deliver a diagnosis. This radiation leaves the body within a few days. Staying hydrated before and after the procedure helps to eliminate it faster.
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) – An MRI scan also called magnetic resonance imaging uses a strong magnet and radio waves to align water molecules in the area being imaged. Since our bodies are made up of mostly water and each organ has different quantities of water. The images acquired show difference in normal and abnormal anatomy. At Sierra Vista Hospital we use our state-of-the-art MRI machine that reduces the timeframe of each the diagnostic exam. Also offering MRA which is a magnetic resonance angiography which generates pictures of the arteries to evaluate them for abnormal narrowing or aneurysms. MRA is often used to evaluate the arteries of the neck and brain, the thoracic and abdominal aorta, the renal arteries and legs called a run-off Both MRI and MRA images can generate a 3d image which can help the radiologist find abnormalities.
- Ultrasound – Ultrasound is used to see internal body structures such as tendons, muscles, joints, vessels, and internal organs. Using high frequency sound waves, the radiologist can often determine the source of disease or exclude any pathology. Ultrasound is usually the first line of diagnostic imaging in determining the source of disease. Here at Sierra Vista Hospital, we only use the best ultrasound equipment. Call us today and schedule your appointment.
- General X-Ray – X-ray uses electromagnetic radiation that passes through the body and are the absorbed in different amounts producing images of structures inside the body. No special preparation is needed, comfortable clothing without any metal is recommended. No appointments are necessary, and walk-ins are welcomed. Please bring your orders, insurance card and identification.
- Pet Scan – Positron Emission Tomography combined with Cat scan is a diagnostic imaging test used to visualize metabolically active tissues such as cancer. Cancer cells are hyperactive and therefore metabolize the injection of the radioactive tracer FDG faster than normal cells. Giving your doctor the best possible images to monitor or locate cancer. Our Pet Ct tech has over 25 years of experience. Sierra Vista Hospital has worked very hard in bringing our community this modality. Eliminating the need to drive out of town for this exam.
- CT – Computed Tomography CT or CAT scan can look inside your body by creating multiple cross-sectional images. The images are created using special x-ray equipment that applies computer processing to synthesize the images into cross-sectional view of body tissues and organs. Imagine a loaf of bread and examining each slice separately. CT can be used for cancer detection and Cn even determine the size and shape of a tumor, where it’s located in the body and whether the tumor is solid or hollow. CT is also commonly used for evaluation of post-traumatic injuries and assessment of patients with suspected aneurysm or strokes. Sierra Vista Offers the best CT imaging with our brand-new Phillips CT machine. Call Radiology scheduling today.