Visits are not currently allowed for COVID-19 patients.
- The hospital has adopted the Well Screen, a new automated screening process. Everyone (including patients and staff) are to go through the screening kiosks at the entrance and get screened before coming in to the hospital and clinics. The screening process is as follows:
- You will be met by a screening attendant to assist you with the screening process.
- The attendant will ask for any government issued identification card (driver’s license, veterans’ card, etc.) If you opt to not present one, the attendant will ask for your name instead.
- You will be scanned for your temperature using the automated temperature reader.
- You will answer a series of YES or NO questions regarding COVID-19. The questions are:
- Cough, Congestion, Runny Nose or Shortness of Breath?
- Chills, New or Unusual fatigue?
- New or Unusual Muscle or Body Aches?
- Sore Throat, New Loss of Taste or Smell?
- Nausea, Vomiting or Diarrhea?
- Have you been in direct contact with someone who tested positive with COVID-19 in the last 14 days?
- Have you, been diagnosed with COVID-19 in the last 14 days?
- Are you wearing a mask?
- You will be given a badge that you can stick to your chest for identification.
- Congratulations! You have completed the screening process.
- A face covering is still required before coming in to the hospital and clinics. We understand that New Mexico has opened back up and face coverings are no longer mandatory for fully immunized people but we still require a face covering for everyone (including staff) who enter into our building. If you do not have a face covering, one will be provided for you on the entrance before you enter.
- We do accept visitors who want to visit their loved ones admitted in Med/Surg. We are also limiting up to 2 visitors at a time. Exemptions will be under the discretion of the provider on duty.
- Visiting hours are from 11:00am to 5:00pm seven days a week.
- When you leave or once visiting hours are done, we request all visitors to scan their badge’s QR code at the nearest Well Screen kiosk before leaving. The QR code is located at the lower left hand side of your badge.
All of our new measures are in place to make your visit to our hospital and clinics as comfortable as possible while maintaining quality and safety throughout the facility. We appreciate your patience and understanding and we hope to be of service to you and the community.
At their late September press conference, NM Department of Health provided the latest information on COVID vaccinations, boosters, treatments, and more.
You can arm yourself against COVID-19 with a vaccination or a test. Flu shots are available from October through April.